Can you spend a day at the beach and only end up with a sunburn? Do you have fair skin, but dream of a sun-kissed tan leaving you feeling good with that healthy glow? If so, look no further, Tan Unique can help! Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Gently exfoliate your skin before the initial tanning session to help remove dead skin cells, smooth your skin and prepare it for a great tanning experience.
- Be patient! If you choose the tanning bed route, don’t expect an instant tan. Particularly, with fair-skinned people you need to take it s-l-o-w. If your skin gets too much exposure to ultraviolet radiation too fast, it will not be able to handle it and burn. Remember, every skin type is different, just because your friends get quicker results doesn’t mean you will and vice versa. Professional tanning salons have a responsibility to assess your skin type thoroughly and then make recommendations as to a safe tanning time. That is why it is important to go to an established, reputable business like Tan Unique. Building a tan is the foundation for developing a healthy tan.
- Again, everyone is different and a staff member will make recommendations based upon your skin type, but generally speaking, if you don’t turn pink or burn after your first session within 24 hours, you can go for another session the following day. However, if you experience any dryness, rashes or itchiness, stop and wait until your skin has completely recovered. For more information about avoiding that tanning, bed rash, check out our past blog.
- Use the recommended lotions and moisturizers. Protect your sensitive skin even further by using a good moisturizer as this will not only keep it glowing, it will help your tan last longer. Tan Unique sells many great products made just for you.
- If you are not the patient type or have an upcoming event that requires a quick tan, then you can always choose the spray tan route. There are many options for you to choose from to achieve that “just off the beach tan.”
Take that extra care to prevent the nasty, roasted red lobster look and stop by Tan Unique today to start your path to a healthy glow. You can visit with one of their friendly staff or get started right away because you never need to schedule an appointment at Tan Unique.